1. These general conditions of sale are agreed between Chiado Publishing, henceforth referred to as “Chiado Publishing”, and those who wish to make a purchase through the website www.chiadopublishing.com, henceforth referred to as “User”.
2. Both parties agree that purchases made through the website www.chiadopublishing.com will be exclusively regulated through the present contract, to the exclusion of any conditions formerly available on the website.
ARTICLE 1 – PRODUCT
1. These general conditions of sale have as their objective to define and make available to the User the necessary information relating to the different options for ordering, sales, payment and delivery for purchases made via the www.chiadopublishing.com website.
2. These conditions regulate all of the stages associated with placing an order, and guarantee the completion of this order between the Contractual Parties.
ARTICLE 2 – ORDER
1. The User’s order is finalised upon conclusion of the sales process as it is presented on the www.chiadopublishing.com website, the User having added to their shopping basket the product(s) and/or service(s) they wish to purchase.
2. To submit their order, the User should: a) Register on the website www.chiadopublishing.com, providing the information requested there b) Log in (using the email address and password chosen by the User upon registration) c) Fill in the information required, and choose from the options provided during the order finalisation process (delivery and billing address(es); delivery type; payment method).
3. Final confirmation of the order by the User represents their entire agreement to the product prices and descriptions, as well as the General Sales Conditions, which will be the only ones applicable to the contract once this is concluded.
4. Chiado Publishing will honour orders placed online as long as stocks allow. Should a product be out of stock, Chiado Publishing undertakes to inform the User as soon as possible.
5. Customer details to appear on the VAT receipt are the exclusive responsibility of the User. Once emitted, the tax receipt cannot be re-produced with alterations to the details therein.
6. Order requests are valid for 15 days (unless the order is made as part of a promotional campaign stating a different validity period) with prices, discounts, promotions and offers not being guaranteed beyond the end of this period. Should an order’s payment not be received by Chiado Publishing's services within the referred period, the order will be annulled. Any payment received after this period’s close will be returned or can be used for a new order.
ARTICLE 3 - PAYMENT
1. On the www.chiadopublishing.com website, Chiado Publishing, via “HiPay”, offers the User the following modes of payment:
a) Credit card (Visa, Mastercard); b) Bank transfer c) Paypal
2. For credit card payments, the User’s card will be debited upon completion of the online purchase. The goods will then be dispatched. If any of the products ordered are sold out, payment will be credited back to the card used for payment.
ARTICLE 4 – DELIVERY
1. Delivery of orders will be made up to 4 working days following the order’s placement. Delivery is made by Royal Mail. 2. Chiado Publishing does not charge for delivery within the UK. Additional shipping costs may be incurred for international deliveries. Delivery costs are automatically calculated during the sales process, according to the country of destination selected for the order.
ARTICLE 5 – PRICES
1. Prices are stated and charged in Pounds Sterling (£). 2. Should a product’s price increase between payment and dispatch, the User will be notified immediately and will be offered the choice of receiving their order (paying the difference) or cancelling their order.
ARTICLE 6 – CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS
1. Cancellations and returns processes are dealt with by Chiado Publishing on a case by case basis. Requests should be sent in writing, to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org up to 24 hours after the order’s placement. Response and instructions regarding the cancellation and return of goods will be communicated by Chiado Publishing to the email address from which this request was received. 2. Chiado Publishing undertakes to reimburse the User within two days. 3. Products for return must be in sale condition, as they were when they reached the user, with no defects or damage. 4. If the amount resulting from an exchange of products should be more or less than the price of the original product, the settlement condition will be determined by Chiado Publishing.
1. Your data is handled in accordance with personal data protection legislation. This data, subject to computational treatment, will be recorded in the Chiado Publishing database(s), and is destined for the registration and presentation of other products and services, and for Chiado Publishing’s internal institutional information. 2. Its provision is facultative and, within the terms of the law, access, rectification and annulment of any data directly relating to you is guaranteed, upon request either in person or by written communication to be submitted to the address indicated on the initial page of this website.